


I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.
I am a mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.
I think of all the things you gave to me:
Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.
You loved me with a never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.
Every day, I try my best to be
A mother like the mom you were to me.
By Joanna Fuchs
Everyone also talks about how they have the best mother and how much their mother has been there for them in their life. My mom is by far my hero. She has been through so much and still stands strong. She wakes up every morning at 6:30 for work and often doesnt get outta her work shoes until 10 at night. Shes constantly going, sometimes I really dont know how she does it. My mom had a really hard life growing up, most things are too hurtful to mention. She started going to modeling school and had me :) She also has my sister Johna and brother Tyler. Now that I am a mother myself, I look back at all the memories and things my mother did for me growing up and all I can do is cry. I dont think I deserve such a wonderful mother. She worked 3 jobs as a single parent to make sure we were taken care of. We were to stubborn to go to school in anything other than name brand clothes and mom would spend her last dime to get us the 30 shirt we wanted when we couldve went to walmart and got one for 8. I dont think that I have told my mom enough how much I appreciate all she has done for me. I now realize all the crap I put her through growing up. I just wish that I could go back and take away every tear she cried, every man that beat her, everytime her heart was broken, and everytime I said hateful things to her. I dont think she deserved any of it. I often wonder why God has made my mom's life the way it is, why she had to suffer? why she had to hurt? The only thing that I can come up with is that it has made her the person she is and I wouldnt have it any other way. My mom is honestly my bestfriend. When Im upset she buys me shoes, or does even the littlest thing like, send me 5 dollars in the mail with a card. Now that I am living with my mom again for the time being and have a son of my own, I realize how much you need your mother in your life and Im so glad that God has given me the greatest gift, my mother Lisa. I love you mom. Thanks for everything.
Love,
your nunu punu

No comments:
Post a Comment